Vaxen vultures on ebay ... and is "rtlacy" here?

From: Johnny Billquist <bqt_at_update.uu.se>
Date: Fri Mar 28 18:03:01 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> Johnny Billquist wrote:
> > *Sigh*
> > So we have another bunch of machines that will never run again, just
> > because someone figured he could make more money by selling them off in
> > pieces.
> >
> > Oh well, since we're at it: does anyone have 64MB or 16MB boards for an
> > 86x0 machine? I'd sure love some.
>
> Nono, you got that message wrong. Joe Moir was in the parts reselling
> business and he didn't have too bad prices and it does come in handy
> if you just need a few boards replaced. Anyway, he had now been selling
> off 3 big machines, which I think is nice (although it gets me worried
> he might leave the business.)

Ah. Then I apologize (even if he don't see this). If he already have them
in parts, and his prices are reasonable, then he's a valuable resource.

> If you can find out who this "rtlacy" guy is -- he must be one of us,
> as he's been collecting a bunch of DEC parts -- then you could ask him
> for the 8650 RAM boards. Well, now that I think about it, he could
> also be a DEC reseller with some local market (he hasn't been selling
> parts on ebay, largely a buyer's profile.

I very seldom visit eBay, since I think it's in general a bad place for
keeping hardware running.
Just makes me depressed looking at that site.

        Johnny

Johnny Billquist || "I'm on a bus
                                  || on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt_at_update.uu.se || Reading murder books