DEC RL-01?

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri Mar 28 19:45:18 2003

> I have several that I have used on my PDP-8/a. AFAIK, every controller
> (including the RL8A) that talks to an RL02 will also talk to an RL01.

The 'Integrated Disk Controller' (or whatever they called it) on the
11/730 was claimed to support the R80 and the RL02. I've never heard of
one connected to an RL01.

I can't believe it's a hardware limitation (the interface is virtually
identical), but possibly the RL01 was not supported in software or
something. Or maybe it just works fine even though it was never supported.

-tony