3.5" 720K floppy drives

From: ghldbrd <ghldbrd_at_ccp.com>
Date: Sat Mar 29 06:14:00 2003

chris writes:

>>anyone have any of these floating around? I may need a few in the near
>>future

I have some Teac drives, but since they do work on my Amigas I'm very
reluctant to part with them, unless . . .

I would trade for a Chinon FZ357A drive (HD) or a 360k 5 1/4" drive. The
Chinon must be the "A" suffix, as it is one of the few HD drives that will
work with the Amiga. It runs the spindle at half speed for HD read/writes.
FZ357's are very common, the A model isn't. You have to read the back panel
to get the numbers.

I think most of these are landfill fodder now, thanks to PeeCee obsolesence.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO