Need byte-splitter utility

From: Jerome H. Fine <jhfinepw4z_at_compsys.to>
Date: Sun Mar 30 09:04:01 2003

>Bruce Lane wrote:

> Hi, gang,
> I've got a single EPROM file that I need to split into separate odd-byte/even-byte files for programming into two separate (smaller) EPROMs. I'm not able to figure out how to make the Unisite programmer do this, so I'm thinking a DOS or Windoze based splitting utility will do the trick.
> Here's the problem; I've searched all over Google, and can't find anything that'll work.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks much.

Jerome Fine replies:

If you are desperate enough, I can easily write something to run
under RT-11. In MACRO-11, that would be dead easy. In
C, it should be just as easy and with FORTRAN - just open
the file and copy the bytes into two output files.

But then, unless you have not written any programs lately,
I would think it would be just as easy under any operating system.

However, I have chosen to stay away from writing software
except under RT-11. There is too much I want to do there
and never seem to get the time - well, no one else seems to
be interested in any case. So I don't have any compilers
available except under RT-11.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine
--
If you attempted to send a reply and the original e-mail
address has been discontinued due a high volume of junk