Brother Wordprocessor Floppy Disks

From: tim lindner <tlindner_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed Mar 3 11:49:51 2004

Yesterday my boss came to me and handed me a stack of 3 1/2 inch floppy
disks and asked me to get the data off them.

Ahh, the perils of being the geekiest person in your orginazation! :)

Anyway, all he could tell me is that they were from a Brother word
processor. It didn't have a model number and no serial port.

One of the disks is a system disk ("Spreadsheet, punctualtion alert and
data storage disk for Brother Word Processor version <1.0>") and is
dated 1991.

I tried the disk in my DOS 6.22 PC, no deal.

Then I tried cw2dmk (thanks Tim!) and my Catweasel, but I guess the
format isn't close enough to IBM 370 (FM) or IBM 34 (MFM) formats to be
useful.

Does anyone know of a tool I can use to read these disks?

Barring that: does anybody know what format the disk is using? I'm not
past modifying cw2dmk to read it, but I would hope not to have to
reverse engineer the "on disk" format.

Thanks!

--
tim lindner