H744 +5 supply - easy to fix?

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Wed Mar 3 18:35:56 2004

On Mar 3, 16:38, Brad Parker wrote:

> I finally got my TS11 racked this morning and after a good cleaning
> found that it has no +5v. (I must say, I love DEC manuals...)
>
> Looks like the H744 supply is not working. Anyone know about these?
> Are they easy to fix? Should I just pull it, find a schematic and
start
> probing?

It's used in various devices, from KL10s to 11/34s so the schematic
shouldn't be hard to find, and yes, they're fairly easy to work on.
 It's a fairly simple circuit based on a 723 regulator chip.

I think I do have a spare, but I doubt if you want to pay transatlantic
shipping :-) H7440 and H7441 are very similar (different circuits,
same purpose).

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager