9-track tape drive "O" rings?

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu Mar 4 12:01:56 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Nico de Jong wrote:

> From: "Brad Parker" <brad_at_heeltoe.com>
> >
> > The O ring on my TS-11 ....
>
> I take it that you talk about the write protect ring on the back of the tape
> itself.

   Nope nope nope - like the Kennedy 9xxx series - the TS11 uses a
large-ish neoprene o-ring, that is compressed in a slot by the action of
the locking-lever... this o-ring expands into the inner area of the reel
hub and wedges it to the locking hub.

  O-rings are very common at most larger auto-parts places (NAPA,
AutoZone, Kragen, etc) - all you need is it's diameter and it should be
easy to replace. Also, taking the hub is really easy - on my Kennedys,
the assembly screw is under the locking lever, removong it allows the
whole thing to comemoff and then you can R/R the o-ring.

    Cheers

John