AUI cables in UK?

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri Mar 5 23:06:32 2004

> > Normal High Density
> > DE9 DE15
> > DA15 DA26
> > DB25 DB44
> > DC37 DC62
> > DD50
>
> The letters don't necessarily indicate a progression in size, which is

I suspect (without proof) that initially there were just DA-DD shells.
Then somebody decided to make a smaller version with 9 pins. They had to
call it the DE shell (calling it the D_at_ shell would have been stupid! [1]).

> stupid. Who comes up with this crap?

Cannon connectors? (Note, I do mean Cannon and not Canon).

[1] Since '_at_' comes just before 'A' in ASCII, and since, like all good
hackers [2], I start counting from zero, I have been known to use '_at_' as
a lstter 0 when identifying sections of a document, etc.

[2] I am not claiming to be a good hacker (or any kind of hacker) here.

-tony