Cray J916 at a surplus sale: now $501

From: Brian Mahoney <brianmahoney_at_look.ca>
Date: Mon Mar 8 18:38:35 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben franchuk" <bfranchuk_at_jetnet.ab.ca>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: Cray J916 at a surplus sale: now $501

> dvcorbin_at_optonline.net wrote:
> > Simultaneous Emulation of every classic computer!
> So how many TTY's would be needed as well as the

You should check out the rest of the stuff at this auction. Some very silly
stuff but some really cool stuff too. Right now I am looking at an Edison
Lamp Works 'Foot Candle Meter'. It's sitting at $2.50.
I'm suprised at the Cray listing which has such small and hard-to-decipher
pictures. I would bet that this could be picked up for a reasonable price
since it is not at the 'other' auction site. Seems there is only one bid on
it now so if anyone near Madison it might be a good snag, whether you can
ever run it or not.

BM