OT - Panasonic LDV-1000 Video Disk Players NOS

From: Ethan Dicks <dickset_at_amanda.spole.gov>
Date: Mon Mar 8 22:53:54 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:11:41PM -0800, Marvin Johnston wrote:

> I just got a call from a friend of mine who has a number of NOS
> Panasonic LDV-1000 Video Disk Players. These are the type that were used
> in some of the early video games like Cinamatronics Space Ace. Is there
> any interest in them from list members? Apparently the only thing wrong
> is that the boxes got damaged but the units themselves are fine. Let me
> know via email if you are interested.

How much each? I have several LD players, and I'm not hung up on the
LDV-1000s, but if they are cheap enough, they might be interesting.

Do you know if the LDV-1000s are HeNe lasers or semiconductor? Some of the
early units were gas lasers, which would probably not work anymore due to
the Helium leaking out.

I do know that those who can, replace their old units with newer Pioneer
units (there are boards to convert the protocols from the DL and SA game
boards to newer players).

Personally, I play DL and SA with Daphne and a modern LD player (via
emulation under Linux). Still, though, a real model LD player would
be handy if a real board set ever crosses my path.

Obviously, I'd have them shipped to my house in Ohio (43232).

-ethan

--
Ethan Dicks, A-130-S      Current South Pole Weather at 09-Mar-2004 04:49 Z
South Pole Station