Anyone familar with the HP 9000 700i Series computers?

From: Joe R. <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue Mar 9 14:02:17 2004

At 02:59 PM 3/8/04 -0600, you wrote:
>The age-old trick is boot to single user mode, then change the password with
>the passwd command.

  Well I've tried everything that I can think of and everything that
everyone suggested. I get the ISL> prompt but I can't run PASSWD. The help
screen says to use LS to display th ISL utilities. When I do that the only
things listed are FS, HPUX and ODE. I tried to execute a couple of common
programs like VI and it doesn't find them either. One of the Man pages that
I found online
<http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/doc/man/hpux/isl.1m.html> said that
if you turn the Autoboot off and then load ISL that you will have access to
"any isl command name or the name of any utility available on the system"
but that doesn't seem to be the case.

   HELP!

   Joe