KL-10 question

From: Tom Jennings <tomj_at_wps.com>
Date: Tue Mar 9 19:35:41 2004

> By the way, electrical equiment generally has a "name plate" which is
> a label with electrical information near where the cable comes into
> the cabinet. I'd expect something like that somewhere on the KL-10
> power inlet box or power distribution unit. That should answer the
> question, or at least give an upper bound.

But electrical switchboxes, used often in large devices, have
their OWN rating, and it's not uncommon to have a switch box
capable of 50A or 100A to be installed on a machine that draws
say 20A at 440. The switchbox is probably an off-the-shelf item,
available as 50A, 100A, 400A, etc. At 220/208 it'll draw twice
that, etc.

The short if it is that the switchbox rating may have little to
do with the power needs of the computer, except that switchbox
rating > computer load.
Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 19:35:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:37:04 BST