A good day at the Auction.

From: Joe R. <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed Mar 10 06:18:30 2004

At 07:26 PM 3/9/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Well it was a good day for classic stuff at the U of A auction today.
>For a whopping $2.50 i got:
>
>A HP 9000 200 (double stack), have not looked inside yet. powers on but I
need
>to make a cable for a serial console.

  They don't make a double stack HP 9000 200. It's probably a 9000 300. All
the 300 series are simply marked as 9000 300 but there's some big
differences. The actual model number is usually shown instead the grill on
the back that covers the power supply. You may be able to see it without
removing the grill but there's only two screws holding the grill in place.
Or pull the CPU card and tell me what kind and speed the CPU is and I'll
tell you what model it is. You might as well see what cards are in it at
the sme time.

>A HP 7673 Controller! Whatever that is (same kind of case as the 9000 200)

  Hmmm. Never heard of a 7673 but found this on the net
<http://www.gcmsservice.com/032.htm>. It says that it's an Autosampler.
Probably not very usefull to you but it might be worth good money to a
reseller or on E-bay.

>A HP external storage case w/HDD a floppy with HP1B connector

   With a little luck, it has software for the 9000 300. Nice finds!

   Joe