VAX won't recognize TQK70

From: Michael Sokolov <msokolov_at_ivan.Harhan.ORG>
Date: Thu Mar 11 10:28:23 2004

R. D. Davis <rdd_at_rddavis.org> wrote:

> The CSR on the TQK70 is set to 774500 [...]
>
> When I do a show qbus command, the TQK70 doesn't show up: [in SHOW QBUS]

Try reading the IP and SA registers with EXAMINE commands:

>>>E/P/W 20001940
>>>E/P/W 20001942

If instead of numbers (values read), the console responds with a message to the
effect that no device responded to the read, it means that there is something
wrong with the TQK70 board. It has nothing to do with the power to the drive
since the controller must respond to reads of its IP and SA registers even if
there is no drive at all. Grant continuity problems also won't affect the
ability to read or write registers, since the device can still act as a slave,
it needs a grant only to do DMA or send an interrupt vector to the CPU.

MS