VAX won't recognize TQK70

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Thu Mar 11 14:04:31 2004

> >>> sh qbus
>
> -20000200 (761000) = 0000 IDV11A
> -20000202 (761002) = 807F
> -20000204 (761004) = 0000
> -20000206 (761006) = F9FD
> -200002AC (761254) = 00C0 DTCN5
> -200002AE (761256) = 0000
> -200002B4 (761264) = 0020 DTC05
> -200002B6 (761266) = 0000
> -200002B8 (761270) = 0020 DTC05
> -200002BA (761272) = 0000
> -20001F40 (777500) = 0020 IPCR

The IPCR is the doorbell register. I don't recall seeing
the other lot on any of my machines. Do you really have
a bunch of DTC05s/DTCN5s hooked up along with an IDV11A?
It so happens this does not affect the TQK70 addressing,
but I've never seen these devices before so I'm curious!

Have you tried stripping your Qbus to just CPU, memory
and the TQK70? If it does not respond then, perhaps
you have a TQK70 in need of some TLC?

You don't need the TK70 drive hooked up for this: in fact,
you might want to try with it disconnected in case it is
having some deleterious effect.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org