older technical software

From: Joe R. <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat Mar 13 06:51:05 2004

   I find this kind of stuff all the time. In fact, I went to a place a few
days ago and found three large boxs of software. I picked up a COMPLETE
package of WordPerfect 5 and a set of service manuals for the HP LaserJet
4xx printers. I've had GOOD luck finding stuff in scrap places and can get
stuff like this for almost nothing. (That's exactly what these cost). It
also turns up in surplus stores but they frequently want you to PAY for the
stuff :-/ That takes all the fun out of scrounging!

    Joe

At 02:32 AM 3/13/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Do you guys ever come across older technical software for the PC or Mac?
Over the last few years I have found copies of some cad software along with
mathematics, MathCAD, and a few other goodies for my 68k macs. I was
wondering how common that kind of software is and what kind of places would
have it.