HP cable identification?

From: Jay West <jwest_at_classiccmp.org>
Date: Sun Mar 14 13:03:32 2004

I have a whole flock of HP cables labeled 12979-600xx. That sounds really
familiar to me, but I'm drawing a blank on what these cables are for. In
addition to the part number, they say "Extender Cable" on them. Based on the
box they were in, I suspect they have something to do with disc drives.
However, that part number doesn't show up in my 7906 manuals, I know the
7900 daisychain cable is 13212, and they aren't I/O chassis extender cables.
Anyone know offhand what these cables are for? They have one standard HP
edge card connector on each end.

Thanks!

Jay West