Opening a VAX2000

From: John Willis <willisj_at_atlantis.clogic-int.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 18:43:43 2004

There are screws in back, and the cover slides off from the front.
Mine isn't exactly easy to open... something usually sticks, but
the logic board should be fairly well protected by the heavy paper
sheet covering its backside, which is directly under the top of the
case cover. I find it helps to swing down the front part where the
hard drive goes and push the hard drive while pulling the case.

On a side note, my MicroVAX 2000 does not have the TK50Z attached
to the bottom of it... I would guess you have to remove that part
in order to get the cover off of the actual system. But, I wouldn't
know for sure since I never had the TK50Z. I'd be very interested to
hear more about this system if it is working... Mine will boot VMS
but the ethernet doesn't work.

--
John Willis
UNIX Systems Administrator Associate