Wanted: ET phone home :)

From: Mike <dogas_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Mar 18 19:41:14 2004

From: Paul Pennington <paulpenn_at_knology.net>

> The 3400's are common on eBay and go for very little. The expansion
> units are pure unobtanium and go for hundreds of dollars on the rare
> occasions when one shows up. For me, the price is not justified. I plan
on

Not pure unobtanium... Seems like about 5 give or take a few have been sold
on ebay last year including one still as a kit. Don't remember the prices
but I think at least one went cheap and another for at least alot. I can
account for the two I have here. One hooked up now to my 3400 nearby that
runs great and so much fun especially when playing with ttl too, and another
eta that's still in kit forn with everything 'cept the box it came in, and
docs (Heath's Illustration Booklet, Schematics, Assembly Manual, Software
Reference Manual, and the Modification Kit (back to the et-3400)) too.

> hacking in some additional memory for mine someday. After all, there's a
> breadboard socket right there on the unit! Should be possible to add the
> BASIC as well, if someone will post the data.

If someone's desperate and it's no where else on the net already. yell
again. Must procrastinate.

> BTW, there's a simulator at:
>
> http://www.pilgrimworks.com/trainer.htm

Nice but I'd rather use my real et-6800, with the cardboard case (serial
#8) ;) !!

> Paul Pennington
> Augusta, Georgia

Hey, you're not too distant. Brunswick, Ga here.

;)
- Mike: dogas_at_bellsouth.net