KA620 (was Opening a VAX2000)

From: der Mouse <mouse_at_Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
Date: Fri Mar 19 01:12:34 2004

>> A KA620 is the same as a KA630 except that the P0 and P1 page tables
>> are looked up in physical memory rather than system virtual memory.
> Ahh, I've heard of such a beast called rtVAX. It's mentioned in VARM
> 2nd ed. So rtVAX and KA620 are the same thing, right?

Possibly - or perhaps a KA620 is one example of an rtVAX, much as a
KA630 is an example of a VAX. I have never heard of an rtVAX except in
passing email references like this, so I cannot speak with any
authority to what such a thing is or isn't.

My VARM is "Revision 6.1" and is not obviously marked with an edition
number. I don't recall seeing an rtVAX mentioned in it, and the index
does not list anything beginning with rt-.

/~\ The ASCII der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X Against HTML mouse_at_rodents.montreal.qc.ca
/ \ Email! 7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39 4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B