Looking for a device programmer that doesn't require Weendoze

From: der Mouse <mouse_at_Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
Date: Sat Mar 20 16:08:07 2004

> Does anyone know where I can get a device (EPROM, flash, etc)
> programmer that doesn't require Weendoze?

At the price points you mention (a couple thousand), surely you could
build one for yourself? I've read the programming interfaces for only
a few devices, but they haven't been complicated enough to be daunting,
and I've contemplated building myself a programmer often enough. So
far I haven't, but largely because it hasn't been worth it to me - if I
were to need one badly enough to be willing to spend hundreds of
dollars (on, eg, PLCC sockets, and probably a few chips fried during
development), I believe it'd be easy enough.

/~\ The ASCII der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X Against HTML mouse_at_rodents.montreal.qc.ca
/ \ Email! 7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39 4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B