Electronic components sources

From: Paul Koning <pkoning_at_equallogic.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 09:58:47 2004

 Mark> Erik Klein wrote:
>> ...The other item I have is a DEC Rainbow with a busted power
>> switch. The switch a fairly typical wide rocker style in gray
>> plastic with a 1 and a 0 printed on it. Again, I can replace it
>> but I'd like a "correct" part if anyone has a source, part number
>> or spare.

 Mark> This is a reasonably common failure - mine has the same problem
 Mark> (replaced by two SPST's side-by-side which I take pains to
 Mark> throw simultaneously) and I've read of at least one other
 Mark> (years ago, on this list). When/if they are found, please post
 Mark> on the list - I'll definitely want one too.

In the US, just one SPST should suffice, if it's in the live wire.
You need DPST switches in much of Europe because there you find
unpolarized outlets.

            paul