Them blasted hard drives...

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 15:55:39 2004

Hi all,
  I've just had a massive drive failure on my mailserver, which has nailed
my copies of this morning's classiccmp messages. I'v got Ed Sharpe's message
"Re: seriously big iron on ebay BED!" (opens: "yea the short ceilings will
get ya... forgot about that...") from 07:18 GMT, then nothing until Jay
West's "Re:Wanted: ET phone home :)" (opening: "Well, actually, for the
ET-3400 my") from 13:35 GMT. Can some kind soul please send me copies of the
message(s) I'm missing or tell me how to get the listserver to resend them?
  Linux mailbox format would be best (more than one message per file, like
the /var/mail/... files), but my copy of Messenger can also import
one-message-per-file messages as long as full headers are included in the
file. If you don't feel like faffing around with dates and times, a full copy
of today's messages would be equally useful to me.

Sorry for clogging up everyone's bandwidth with this. Needless to say, I'm a
bit miffed that the drive packed up - it's not far out of warranty.
SMARTcheck insists the drive is fine, the BIOS can see it, but the machine
can't read anything off of it. Score: Hard drive 1, Philpem -1397

Thanks.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,