New apple II clones website

From: Ernest <ernestls_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 13:36:32 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 11:09, Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Ernest wrote:
>
> > My Apple II clones website is live now, if anyone wants to take a look.
> >
> > http://www.apple2clones.com
> >
> > The image module that I'm using is limited to what you see, but I'm
> > hoping that a friend of mine, who knows a lot about PHP programming,
> > will be able to help me design a better way to display the images.
> >
> > BTW, some of the "reference" images are pretty terrible but they were
> > the best that I could find so far. I figured that even a lousy image is
> > better than no image at all.
>
> What a terrific website! This is a great effort, Ernest.
>
> I've added it to the VCF Link Library.
>
> A suggestion: in the Photo Gallery views it's hard to tell which title
> refers to which picture. Maybe a bit more spacing between entries or some
> demarcation lines?

Thanks, Man.

I'm kind of proud of it. I agree about the photo gallery. That is part
of the image module that I mentioned above. I'll get it worked out
eventually. I want it to display the computer image list in the same way
that it displays files list -neatly wrapped and clearly separated. The
part that I'm stuck on is how to display the list one way, and the
individual albums as they are. It's to much for me, since I'm a PHP
newb.

I'll be building a "links" area soon, and I'll definitely have the VCF
marketplace on there.

I've already had more than 200 visits in the last couple of hours,
including one from Christmas Island! Who would have thought that someone
on Christmas Island would visit my old computer site? Where the hell is
Christmas Island, anyway? Time to get out the map, I guess. Hehe.

E.