LF H8 software

From: Dave Dunfield <dave04a_at_dunfield.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 20:45:43 2004

>Hi Dave
> When you guys get this code on CD, let me know as well.
>I've been planning on getting my H8 up and running. I've
>already written code to transfer disk image data from the
>H89 to a PC and back. It shouldn't take much to adapt it
>to work for cassette or even just a memory block.
> I have a H27 that I've not tested yet, being that I've not
>powered up the H8 yet. On the H89, I just used the line
>printer port, since it used a straight cable to a PC
>serial port. The code is bootstrapped from about 50
>bytes that are entered from the monitor.
>Dwight

Hi Dwight,

I'll keep you and everyone else who has responded informed on whatever
material I am able to collect.

Btw, I've got scads of 8080 software that I wrote for my Altair which
could be easily ported to the H8 if anyone is interested - Including my
own disk operating system, BASIC interpreter and even a C compiler -
The OS was originally run on a NorthStar 10 sector hard sectored disk
system which is probably not that different from the Heathkit one.

I don't have a disk system for my H8 :-( .. if anyone knows of one or
comes across one, I'd like to hear about it.

Regards,
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield
com             Vintage computing equipment collector.