Electronic components sources

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Wed Mar 24 12:45:31 2004

> If you break both, the device could float. Floating parts
> are generally not good in the electrical world, as their
> behavior is uncertain.

Assuming the switch functions correctly (and is wired correctly),
the behaviour of a device with such a switch in the off position
is pretty certain: it's identical to a device that has the
mains lead pulled out.

So such a device should worry you no more or less than one
on a shelf waiting to be put to use.

I assume that I'm missing something fundamental and that we
are talking about different things here somehow ...

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org