256k x 4 Re: finding old RAM

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri Mar 26 18:04:49 2004

> > Desoldering ram chips is more effort then its worth.

That depends on the RAM chips, how rare they are, and how much you need
them.

> The old days of recovering tons of 64kx1 or 256Kx1 chips that way are
> long gone, though.

Why? Because you can't find boards full of them any more, or because such
boards are actually useful complete (this certainly applies to some
Unibux memory boards, S100 boards, PERQ memory boards, etc). Or because
you can't find a use for 4164s or 41256s? (I certainly can!)

-tony