DEC LPS-11 Laboratory Peripheral System

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 19:10:14 2004

On Mar 29, 16:06, John Allain wrote:
> I recently found a DEC LPS11 Laboratory Peripheral System,
> A peripheral for Unibus-11's. If anybody else has one, could
> they get in touch? I'm wlling to settle for compromises, that
> is, something less than a full manual.

I used to have one, and I think I may still have the manual, if you
don't find something downloadable or over your own side of the pond.
 If I gave the manual away with the LPS11, I can easily borrow it back,
as it went to a colleague at work and it's in his office along with the
11/34 it's attached to :-)

(an hour later) I still have the Maintenance Manual. It's about
120-130 pages. What do you need to know?

> As a smaller problem, I haven't been able to find out
> what these modules are:
>
> from the LPS-11 (Laboratory Peripheral System)
> the M996 and M7023 modules

M996 is the hex-height Connector And Shield Board which lives in slot 6
of the LPS11. It has the connectors for the display, ADCs, etc on it.

M7023 doesn't appear in my manual, but I have the DEC-O-LOG fiche.
 It's an LPSDR-A, which is a 16-bit digital latch.

> from a PDP11: the G110 module

That's part of a core memory subsystem -- "Control And Data Loops" for
an MM11-K, MM11-L, or MF11. Pretty old -- about 1971 or 1972.

--
Peter Turnbull
<postmaster_at_dunnington.u-net.com>