Computer Replicas

From: Patrick Finnegan <pat_at_computer-refuge.org>
Date: Wed Mar 31 00:54:13 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 19:22, Mike wrote:
> On March 30, 2004 06:06 pm, William Donzelli wrote:
> > Now an S/360 is a different matter. I have worked my legs for
> > something like seven years for one, and nothing has come my way
> > (although I missed that model 22 by a few weeks, I think). I have
> > also made a serious budget for one if Ebay finally pops one up, but
> > none have. Where am I to get one?
>
> I mentioned the desire for a S/360 to an IBM rep this past weekend.
> He said he couldn't give away the last one he had.
>
> Also there is a problem of getting the software for it. He
> mentioned that a developers license was available for ~15,000.
>
> Has anyone asked IBM to consider a hobbyist license?

Umm, you can at least get OS/360 for free:
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules/

Right now I'm having trouble with their website, however... Anyways,
IBM put OS/360 in the public domain, and I've got a CD image with it on
there, for use with Hercules.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/