working magnetic drum stores?

From: Klemens Krause <klemens.krause_at_informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
Date: Wed Mar 31 01:07:24 2004

Paul Koning schrieb:

> >> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:04:37AM +0200, Christian Corti wrote: >
> >> And please don't forget our LGP-30 here.
>
> R> Hmmm... then you haven't heard of Mel either?
>
> Ah yes.... I wonder if it's a true story -- and if so, whether anyone
> has the code. What better program to run on that LGP-30?

Naturally, the story of Mel is true in every detail.

Program we run on out LGP-30 are:
ACT-V, an improved Version of Mel's ACT-I. We can play Moonlander, or
print nice function-tables. (If you want to use the squareroot or sine-
function in an ACT program you have to load this function on a free track
on the drum.
We have two programs to calculate the number PI.
Ther are some versions of a floating point interpreter.
Christian wrote a poem generating program.
And last but not least: Black Jack.

BTW:
I just had a look to the link Al Kossow pointet to
  http://www.wps.com/projects/LGP-21/mel-the-programmer.html

It shows the head of a coding sheet reffering to program 13.0.
A look in our program library: We have the program 13.2 as paper tape.
The programs had no names, they numbered them from 9 upwards, with a
version number behind the decimalpoint.

Klemens

Klemens Krause
Universitaet Stuttgart  /  Inst. f. Softwaretechnologie
Universitaetsstr. 38    /  70569 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711/7816 341