Comparing existence of massive number of files

From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini_at_iee.org>
Date: Wed Mar 31 13:12:29 2004

> Any good MD5 utilities for Windows that will handle
> large file sets? I downloaded two today but one is a file-by
> file MD5 and the other doesn't recurse down the directory
> tree...it only does the current directory.

These days, when I put together a data CD, I use CDCheck to
build a CRC file for it. Once the CD is burned, I verify using
the same tool to be sure it all made it onto the CD.

I use MD5SUM too, but that does one directory at a time
(AFAICT) so it is a little less useful.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini             arcarlini_at_iee.org