Comparing existence of massive number of files

From: Cini, Richard <RCini_at_congressfinancial.com>
Date: Tue Mar 30 13:30:12 2004

Patrick:

        Funny you should mention Windiff. After reading the responses today
I was going to use Windiff to compare the directory printouts produced on
both machines and see if there's a difference in the output.

        But thinking about it, Windiff has the ability to directly compare
directories. If I point it at the top "parent" on each machine I should be
able to see differences right away.

        I guess then the final test would be comparing the MD5's on each
directory to ensure file integrity.

        Any good MD5 utilities for Windows that will handle large file sets?
I downloaded two today but one is a file-by file MD5 and the other doesn't
recurse down the directory tree...it only does the current directory.

Rich