finding the right name for a connector

From: Tom Jennings <>
Date: Mon Oct 11 14:46:48 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, chris wrote:

> Is there any reliable place to check what the name of a connector style
> is?

No. You also didn't say what the connector is installed in! I
assume you have one half of a connector pair, and want the
other. The connector you have probably will reveal clues. Newer
stuff is often harder to track than older.

If you can get the connector out, with a magnifier look for
molded-in letters IDing the manu or brand, often << 1mm or .010"
or so.

If you can't, do the classic hold-a-ruler-up-to-it and take a
300dpi photo and post it and ak the list to look at it.

Older connectors (pre 1980, plus or minus 10 years) are
usually easy.
Received on Mon Oct 11 2004 - 14:46:48 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:37:22 BST