Why are transistors called "Q"?

From: Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:14:45 +0000

> After French took over the RCA, they started putting weird location
> marks: It goes like this: LL005 for fly, TL00x for transistor in
> horizontal, TV00x for video transistor amps. So on. Totally

That second character 'L' might well stand for 'line' which is the
conventioal name for the hoprizontal deflection system over here. We talk
abvout the 'line output trnasistor' where you'd say 'HOT'.

Were the transistors in the vertical stages called 'TF00x'? 'F' being
'frame' or 'field' depending on how old you are.

Received on Sat Feb 26 2005 - 18:14:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:37:34 BST