HP 21MX E-series front panel keyboards

From: Jay West <jwest_at_classiccmp.org>
Date: Wed Jan 26 21:26:18 2005

Isn't the "tall" front panel board primarily different because it includes a
connector to go to the MPP port on the cpu? I'm not real up on that, but I
think it was only used on the F series, and used to provide high speed
memory access to an external device? Something like that sticks in my head.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Slick" <glen.slick_at_gmail.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: HP 21MX E-series front panel keyboards

> Take a look at this doc:
> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/1000/1000_MEF_EngrRef/
> 92851-90001_Mar81_8.pdf
> There are drawings of a shorter 2105/08/12 front panel PCA 5060-8343
> and a taller 2019/11/13/17 front panel PCA 5061-1343.
> Does that help at all?
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:56:03 +0000, Peter Brown
> <peterbrown10_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> How many types of front panel keyboard were used with the 2113 E-series
>> CPU?
>> I have one in front of me that has two ribbon cables that run from the
>> keyboard PCB to the CPU PCB (one from the top edge of the keyboard PCB
>> one
>> from the bottom edge) but I seem to remember having seen other 2113 CPU's
>> where the keybaord PCB is smaller and a single cable runs from the bottom
>> edge of the keyboard to the CPU PCB.
Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 21:26:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:37:45 BST