SWTPc S/09

From: Ronald T Kneusel <rkneusel_at_post.its.mcw.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 14 13:59:59 1997

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Ward Griffiths and/or Lisa Rogers wrote:

> The Southwest Technical Products Corporation S/09 was a box that
> contained a MC6809 cpu card in a SS-50 bus. OS-9 was one of several
> OSs that ran on it, in fact I believe that it was the platform that
> OS-9 was originally developed on. But I could be wrong about that,
> and I suspect that Microware was working on predecessors to OS-9 on
> MC6800 systems.

Yup. The one I have, however, is designed for UniFLEX. It comes up with
the UniBug monitor which will let me change/dump memory and boot 8"
floppies, a hard drive, or a Winchester hard drive, all of which I don't
have. I was, through the great kindness of others, given a good FD-2
controller for 5.25" drives and the S-BUG monitor ROM. Unfortunately,
the S-BUG ROM will not work in the S/09 system, as stated in the system
manual. :( And the UniBug monitor is too wimpy to let me enter the FD-2
boot code by hand (I can enter it, but there is no "run" command!)

I've found the extensive UniFLEX archive on the net and have looked at
the code for the UniBug monitor but none of those versions match mine
(version 1.11) I'm considering writing my own ROM code if I could get
someone to make an EPROM for me.

Any help with getting this S/09 to be a regular -09 system so I can run
FLEX as a single user off of 5.25" floppies would be greatly appreciated!

- Ron Kneusel
  rkneusel_at_post.its.mcw.edu