One sick puppy...

From: Larry Anderson & Diane Hare <foxnhare_at_goldrush.com>
Date: Fri Mar 14 19:49:59 1997

Ward Griffiths and/or Lisa Rogers wrote:

> If you want to see a collection that will make you drool all over
> yourselves, click over to <http://bbs.roxboro.net/tcopper/> and look
> at the pictures toward the bottom of the page. And I thought that I
> had a bad habit (well, my fiance thinks it is) of never throwing
> anything away.

  I AM IMPRESSED WITH THE PICS! Gosh I guess I really need a bigger
toybox. :( Now I got to get my 'collection' pic on my page, (not
nearly as impressive, but interesting nonetheless.

  Hey, can we digest this maillist? I think my incoming mail beat out
my wife's this time. Well she says we were even... (many of hers ARE
digests, yikes!)

  So who's a PET owner out there? Got any good software, extra books or
magazines??? (btw: check out University Microfilm: http://www.umi.com/
they have computer magazines on film that go back to the 70s! (I was
surprised to see Micro and some old dates for COMPUTE!)

  Got any info. on an MTU visible memory board??

  I just pulled out a few PETs, which have to suffer in storage (sigh),
to do a Flash Attack tourny at my BBS/Gaming gathering, only to discover
one is brain dead & monitor weak, one ok, and the third is ok but has an
unknown problem (runs just about everything BUT Flash Attack, (all have
the same ROM revision, etc.) So I guess I will bring just one (to play
other games) and do the F.A. beta I and a friend coded for the 64.
(sigh, went and added PET sound hookups to the cable and everything!)

  While having them out I got a chance to explore the contents of that
'system-2001.zoo' archive I FTPed from funet.fi (pub/cbm/pet/ I think),
many of the games are in English some of the ones in German are pretty
easy to figure out. Regardless this is one excellent collection of
games, many of them in ML or hybrid. A must D/L for PET collectors!

  Where to find PETS? Kinda hard nowadays, try some of the older
Commodore repair shops, though shipping would be pretty steep (they are
heavy) other than that flea markets or large thrift stores (that have
room for alot of computers and stuff. In CA there is a place called
Weird Stuff that is famed for it's stock of old equipment and parts.
Haven't been to it yet but it definitely is on my list. ;)

         Larry Anderson