Where does the software go?

From: Fredrik Ekman <ekman_at_lysator.liu.se>
Date: Mon Mar 17 09:11:22 1997

> I have always wondered what happens to the software that was used on the
> computers that show up at thrift stores.

I was given a VIC-20 by a friend some time ago. Naturally, there was no
software with it. A few days later I visited a thrift shop and passed a
rack of old cassette tapes, going for SEK 2 (about $ 0.25) each. I looked
at them for a few seconds, decided that there was nothing worth having but
just as I was turning away something caught my eye. I looked again and
there, amongst heaps of 70's and 80's pop stars, were three original
VIC-20 games. A closer look also revelaed some pirated C64 games.

I dunno, but maybe this is what happens to a lot of cassettes: They get
bundled with music cassettes and are either thrown out or put on sale
separately from the computers.

  /F