Help with Osborne 1 and TI 99/4A needed please

From: Paul E Coad <pcoad_at_crl.com>
Date: Thu Mar 20 01:58:13 1997

George,

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, George Lin wrote:

> I picked up a very nice Osborne 1 from a local thrift store yesterday. The
> system powers up. Everything looks good. However, I don't have the boot
> disk. I tried the CP/M boot disk from my Kaypro II. No good. If I
> remember correctly, the disk drives on old CP/M machines are not compatible
> with each other even though the binaries are. It looks like that I need an
> Osborne formatted CP/M boot disk. Does anyone know where I can get one?
> Also, it would be nice to get a CP/M communication software on an Osborne
> formatted disk so that I can start transferring other CP/M software to it.

Contact Don Maslin <donm_at_cts.com>. He is the keeper of the Dina-SIG
System Disk Archive. He is a great source of system disks for CP/M
machines. He usually charges $3 for the first disk and $1-2 for each
additional disk.

I got some system disks for and O1 from him early this year. He is and
excellent resource and a righteous dude. Without him and the system
disk archive many otherwise working machines would have ended up in
the landfill.

--pec