Help with Osborne 1 and TI 99/4A needed please

From: George Lin <george.lin_at_documentum.com>
Date: Wed Mar 19 13:40:40 1997

Hi all,

I picked up a very nice Osborne 1 from a local thrift store yesterday. The
system powers up. Everything looks good. However, I don't have the boot
disk. I tried the CP/M boot disk from my Kaypro II. No good. If I
remember correctly, the disk drives on old CP/M machines are not compatible
with each other even though the binaries are. It looks like that I need an
Osborne formatted CP/M boot disk. Does anyone know where I can get one?
Also, it would be nice to get a CP/M communication software on an Osborne
formatted disk so that I can start transferring other CP/M software to it.

In the same store, I picked up a Peripheral Expansion Box for my TI 99/4A.
It comes with 1 floppy disk drive, 32K memory expansion, serial adapter,
and flex cable adapter. However, the fuse and the cap that holds the fuse
in place are gone. Does anyone know the specification for the fuse or know
where I can get a replacement for it and the cap?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

George
--
George Lin                           "Accelerating your business through
Network Architect, MIS                   enterprise document managment."