Computers I have known

From: Doug Spence <ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca>
Date: Sun Mar 30 05:50:21 1997

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Jeffrey G. Rottman wrote:

> Eagle IIE

Is this the same Eagle that now makes Amiga tower boxes?
(BTW, it looks like Amiga is being bought by Gateway 2000.)

> Dynologic Hyperion (Portable MS-DOS machine)

Hey! I saw one of these only a few weeks ago. I'm kind of sorry I
didn't pick it up. I think these were made locally (to me), in Montreal.
I of course dismissed it as "just a DOS box", which generally don't
interest me, but it'd be nice to have SOMETHING other than one of my
VIC-20s that was made in Canada.

> Wierdest hardware - Cromemco C-10 (a Monitor Box with Moterboard and
> ports, separate drive boxes, and separate keyboard.)

I have the Technical Reference Manual for this one (no, I'm not selling
it. :) ). I fear that I had the chance to pick up the machine itself,
but I didn't know what the heck I was looking at. At least, I remember
there being a rather strange-looking monitor with tons of ports coming
out of it at the Salvation Army store I go to, a couple of weeks before
I found the manual (at the same store). This was before I realized how
rapidly things disappear around there... I think I picked up an Atari
800XL that day instead. <s>

The thing was... heavy. And besides there being a lot of ports coming
out of it, I wasn't entirely sure it wasn't just a terminal. The
keyboard was with it, but no disk drives.

Oh well, live and learn. :)

Doug Spence
ds_spenc_at_alcor.concordia.ca