Demography?

From: SUPRDAVE <SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Mar 1 20:39:59 1998

<< It was thus said that the Great Seth J. Morabito once stated:

> I'm kind of curious as to the demography of the Classic Computer
> Mailing List. What are people's backgrounds, what are they doing now,
> and so forth. >>

My name's david, and i'm based in north carolina. I do level 2 technical
support for IBM's consumer line. I only started really collecting computers
about 3 years ago and am up to ~75 or so. It all started way back in 1984 in
high skool when i discovered the apple //e. I flunked computer science, but it
eventually worked out pretty well. I never did get my own computer until 1987
when i bought a second hand apple ][+ with no disk drive for $200. ( i still
have it) I've got quite a varied collection which includes apple // series,
68k compact macs, IBM, a microvax, xycom business cpm machine, osi, atari, TI,
heathkit,kaypro, tandy, and some others i cannot think of right now including
spare parts for the apples and xt era pc machines. most machines will be on a
website soon once i can get my mind back into it. my primary interest is early
pc era stuff from big blue, naturally, such as ps2 models, pcrt, and pcjr
types. i also have an extensive collection of nibble and compute! magazines
from the 80s as well. It would be nice to find some old working minicomputer,
but for right now, it's just 80s micros, since that's what I grew up with.

david