386 SBC available (was Re: Demography?)

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Sun Mar 1 20:44:56 1998

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Allison J Parent wrote:

> <> INTEL MDS-800 multibus 8080
> <
> <Is this a blue box? I had a chance to get one once....
>
> Correction it's the BIG blue box. Mine is circa '76 or earlier and was
> used by the DEC VT100(and others) development team.

Hmm, the one I'm thinking of may be a later vintage. But if BIG means
a cube about 3' on a side, then it may be the same.

> <That reminds me. I have two piSBC 386/116's that I have no plans to do
> <anything with (I don't have a card cage for them). They are available a
> <trading fodder for just about anything smaller than a breadbox.
>
> What are they? Most of the SBCs I'm interested in are of the mid '70s
> through mid 80s designs.

You've caught me with my hardware pants down. To my software eyes, they
look like VME cards, but I know Intel doesn't do much VME stuff. They're
386-16 boards from circa 1987 (just slipped under the 10-year barrier).

-- Doug