Zenith Luggable/DEC sw

From: Lawrence Walker <lwalker_at_mail.interlog.com>
Date: Sun Mar 1 02:24:59 1998

On the weekend I picked up a mint Zenith (luggable). Nosing
around the thrift I also found 4 10pack containers of DEC Formula One
5 1/4 RX50 floppies. 1 of which contained programs. As well there
were 2 Decmate II Word Processor manuals (no disks) and a Decmate II
Hardware Documentation manual with 2 disks. Sys. Overview and
Sys.Test Diskette.
 The program disks were a 4part AT&T MSDOS v.3.3 rel 1.01
 ; a clock patch and 2 Test Diag. marked PC 6300 and an HP labelled
disk with Vectra msdos 3.1. $30 (Can.) A real score.
 The Zenith is similiar to the Kaypro and Compaq luggables with a
cooler design. Along with the int. monitor it has a double pop-up
A/B drives and 3 ports on the rear as well as an RCA looking jack.
(for an external monitor ?). Best of all it booted with the AT&T
disks. The Disks marked PC6300 did nothing and the Vectra gave me a
no command.com present tho I was able to get a dir. listing which
showed one. Anyone with info on this 'chine ?
 I imagine I was just lucky and the DEC disks came in to the
shop separately, but a nagging idea of the Rainbows ability to boot
msdos came to mind. I also finally found a DEC k-b for a long-dormant
Rainbow which has a 5meg Seagate. When I get the 15-pin video cable
I'll be able to check further.

ciao larry

lwalkerN0spaM_at_interlog.com