Demography?

From: James L. Rice <jrice_at_texoma.net>
Date: Mon Mar 2 19:24:01 1998

I usually just lurk, but....

I'm 44, I own an industrial automation contracting company and got my
start on a TI99/4A (still have it) and shortly afterward bought a Model
100. My first PC was a Tandy 1000 for which I paid the inflated price
of $2700.00 with two 360k floppys, 384k ram and the optional DMA chip.
When I could afford the $600.00 10meg external hard drive, I thought I
was flying.

My collection is small at the moment:

3 Model 100's with 32k PDD's and PDD2's, bar code wands, modem cables
and cups, printerr cables, DVI, Tandy printers;

Tandy 1000SX with 640k, 20m hard card, 286 Express turbo card,
digimouse, 232 ports, CM2 monitor;

Apple Mac's several from Se, Se/2, P630, IIx with a lot of printers and
accessories;

3 TI99/4A's, variuos cartridges and interfaces;

Times TS1000;

A large collection of PC's from 8088 to Pentium Pro 200's, a LOT of
printers and plotters from Tandy PC695 to Calcomp 1043GT "E" size, and a
lot of digitizing tablets (I use ACAD everyday).

I had quite a few more machines, but my ex-wife won't turn them over in
spite of several contempt orders from the judge. At least my new wife
doesn't care what I collect as long as she doesn't have to clean around
it, besides, she's into them as well. And the computers take up a lot
less room than my other collection, machine tools.

James