486 upgrade boards

From: David Wollmann <dwollmann_at_ibmhelp.com>
Date: Mon Mar 2 19:25:39 1998

Max Eskin wrote:

> Does anyone have any upgrade board for PCs? I said 486, but I mean
> any such thing. This is part of a desire to find a way to salvage some
> systems. Does anyone have any MCA upgrade boards? There are some PS/2
> 286 towers, which I would take if I could upgrade them to something
> 32-bit

There are a few upgrade mobos around for some of the PS/2 MCAs, but your
best bet is a CPU upgrade daughterboard. Generally, I would say to avoid
MCA PS/2s unless you want to run them as is.

FWIW, the resale for the PS/2 stuff is still pretty good, so you might
consider reselling them if the price is right.

--
David Wollmann
DST / DST Data Conversion