Demography?

From: Andrew Davie <adavie_at_mad.scientist.com>
Date: Tue Mar 3 02:59:17 1998

>>I have a canon SX320!!

>You didn't mention it in your list. I did get the right machine, didn't
>I? I have a shoe-box full of program listings for it, except they're in
>NZ and the thermal paper has probably faded to nothing by now.

Yes, I checked the number this morning.
My Canon SX320 was inadvertently left out of the list, along with...

    Sinclair ZX-81
        (I've just ordered three unbuilt kits of these - still available NEW
on the web, would you believe!!)
    Sinclair ZX-80
    Sinclair Spectrum
    Tandy TRS-80 MC-10 (a whacking great 3581 bytes of program memory :)
    Canon 1614P (a punched card reading programmable desktop)
    A couple of Sorcerers
    Atari 800
    Compucolor II
    Datanumerics DL8A

    ... I've forgotten what else I've forgotten.

>Do you actually use it? I really can't remember much about it other
>than that you programmed it like a calculator, one function per line,
>and that alphanumeric output like prompts needed one line for each
>character, so program listings tended to get rather long. Did it have a
>tape storage or cartridges or something for programs?

I have not switched this machine on, actually. It is very dusty and sitting
in my office at work. I will be happy to take a pic and place on a website
should anyone be interested. It had a strange sort of tape storage - sort
of like a little toaster oven at the top right of the machine.
Unfortunately, due to multiple moves, I no longer have the tapes for this
unit :(

Cheers