A possible (future) classic.

From: Doug Yowza <yowza_at_yowza.com>
Date: Tue Mar 3 11:50:52 1998

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Doug Yowza wrote:

> The Kittyhawk is pretty small, and I don't know of any machine other than
> the Dauphin DTR-1 what used it. I don't think it's the smallest though.
> Does anybody remember the Syquest SQ1100? Removable hard disks about the
> size of a box of matches. They produced them for OEM eval, but I don't
> think they ever made it to the retail channel. I have about 100 of them.

I just got off my lazy butt and actually compared the two drives side by
side. They are both the same width, but the kittyhawk is considerable
shorter in length and taller.

SQ1100 media: 1.8" x 2.0" x 3/16"
Kittyhawk: 1.8" x 1 5/8" x 3/8"
PCMCIA-II drives would need to be 3/16" tall or under, I'd guess.

(measurements done with a crude tape measure.)

-- Doug