AT&T 6300

From: Max Eskin <maxeskin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 3 20:23:31 1998

>I'll differ on this point. one of the primary things that killed the
'6300
>was that it was NOT totally IBM compatable. The video subsystem (noted
>below) is a prime example.
Is it possible to somehow slap a CGA or any standard monitor into
one of those?

>>Hard drives were optional in them and not very reliable IMO.
>
>The drives they used overall were not notably better or worse than most
of
>the time. They did make some poor choices at times on who to buy their
>drives from.

I will say that my only experience w/a 6300 was one that got to me
because of a dead hard drive. I ended up gutting and trashing it. I
hold old microchips in the fan housing. This was also my only experience
with a dead hard drive.

Was the thing designed for UNIX or was it just a plain "enhanced" PC
clone?

P.S. In OOP, can an object kill another object to inherit it?