Demography?

From: Phil Guerney <Guerney_at_uq.net.au>
Date: Wed Mar 4 07:17:17 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Eve Guerney

Oops, Eve is my daughter! I must learn to make sure the message gets posted
from the correct account on this machine

I may as well take the chance and add some real demography info.

I'm new to actually collecting old micros, but I have thought about if for a
while! I have my original VIC-20, C64, Amiga500 and now also a beautiful
mint condition TRS80 Model II and an Apple ][+ and a one owner Atari 800. I
got a Coco1 and a CoCo2 this week, consoles only, but I can't get anything
on the TV from them yet so they may be just rubbish.

I'm a mid-40's scientist working in the minerals business in Brisbane,
Australia. I DREAMED of owning a Sorcerer more than anything else in the
world when a postgraduate student (graduate student to you North Americans)
in 1978, then in 1979 a PET would have done me. Money shortage kept me from
actually owning a micro until the VIC-20 dropped to $A299 here in 1982. I
joined the local Commodore Users Group and stayed with them through the C64
and the Amiga days, even becoming President of the group for two years
through the last days of Commodore while our membership finished its
shrinkage from over 1000 (in the late 1980's) to less than 50 now.

Now I am just learning the best ways of picking up and looking after these
marvellous machines. Any other Australians who want to make themselves known
to me are welcome.

from Phil Guerney
Brisbane, Australia.